October 2017 Newsletter
Your Guide to Recovery
Many of our prospective patients contact the office worried about downtime, post-op recovery, or with questions about how long it takes to return to their regular schedule after undergoing surgery. To help, we’ve shared some of our most popular procedures and their respective recovery times:
- Facelift: Most people return to work or their regular routines within 10 to14 days following surgery, with swelling and bruising to subside within 4 weeks after surgery.
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Job): Some patients return to their routines 1 week following surgery. Dr. Mustoe’s advanced approach to rhinoplasty helps reduce the recovery time with less swelling and bruising than traditional approaches.
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery): Most patients return to their normal activities 10 days following surgery, however some swelling can persist for a longer time.
- Breast Augmentation: The average recovery lasts 4 to 6 weeks (return to work in 3 to 5 days). Patients with a consistent exercise routine can begin minimal lower body exercise within a week, and build up to their normal routine within the next 1 to 2 months after surgery.
- Injectables/Fillers: Minor swelling and bruising will occur for 3 to 7 days. Final results settle in within 2 weeks after treatment. Nonsurgicals are a great anti-aging alternative to traditional procedural options, especially right before the busy holiday season, when surgical recovery is not an option.
It’s important to remember these numbers are averages and each patient recovers on a case-by-case basis. For more specifics on post-op recovery, see our detailed instructions
Commitment to Patients
With the recent news
regarding plastic surgery licensing, it’s a great time to reaffirm prospective and long-time patients of Dr. Mustoe’s standing in the industry and how to best choose your doctor.
Board certifications provide patients the greatest level of trust when it comes to choosing a doctor for surgical procedures. The American Board of Plastic Surgery
(ABPS) is the most well known and respected in the industry, and Dr. Mustoe has been a member since 1987. Besides membership in the ABPS Dr. Mustoe has society affiliations within the following organizations:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- America College of Surgeons
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons
- American Council of Academic Plastic Surgeons
Because of these accreditations and a culture that thrives from personal development and training from industry leaders, Dr. Mustoe is proud to call himself a board-certified plastic surgeon and takes his status very seriously.
For more information on our commitment to patients safety and well being read the full post on our blog
This entry was posted in Newsletter Archive and tagged blog post, board-certified, facial plastic surgery, newsletter, recovery. Bookmark the permalink.